Thursday, June 12, 2008

my lawyer friend

my lawyer friend


Noong December of 2006, inimbitahan ako ng isa kung kumpare sa Sta Ana Manila for a birthday. Kain. Inom. Yes inom. I'll talk about inom more than the kain. So habang umiinom kami, tinanung ako nung isa sa mga guest na lawyer.

Lawyer: So Kris, I heard you're from Baguio (English kasi medyo sosyal
na party to)

Kris: Opo.

Lawyer: Oh, maganda dun, malamig. Last month may conference kami dun. Paubos narin mga Igorot dun ano?

Kris: Huh?

Lawyer (He pressed on, imagine that): Kasi parang iilan nalang nakita namin sa Botanical Gardens e. May mga pictures nga kami e. How about you, may kakilala ka pa ba dun na Igorot?

Kris: My mader dear and pader dear.

He stood up, apologized, offered me more drinks, gave his card and promised to help on legal matters and as we both got drunk we discovered more common things about us.

Dahil nalasing ako noong pauwi kami, I tripped sa parking lot and accidentally pushed a ladder. It fell and smashed the windsheil of a brand new mercedez benz. Nobody saw me but being a good citizen of this
beautiful country, iniwan ko calling card ko and a note.

Kinabukasan, tinawagan ako ng insurance agent nung may ari ng benz. Damage will cost around 68 fucking thousand pesos!

Then I remembered my new lawyer friend. So I asked if there is way for me to atleast lower my liability or even escape the damages. After I gave the details including the letter from the insurance Company, he blushed
as if his pants got tightened and said:

Lawyer: Anak ka ng pukingina ka, akin yun e!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kahit sino.....Mercedez benz yan eh.

Layad said...

Ahahahahaha... Is this story for real or not?

Tsk, tsk... Ok ka din pag lasing a, ur still thinking :D

Better Than Coffee said...

is this for real? if it is you're in big trouble. hahaha!

love,
nobe

www.deariago.com
www.iamnobe.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

that is his punishment for being ignorant about igorots. he he he di galit yan kung di mercedes benz ang nasira. ha ha ha